A classic sandwich spread transformed into a delicious plant-based lunch.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 cups chickpeas, cooked, rinsed
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Cashew Cream (more to taste)
- 1/4 cup dill relish
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, roasted, diced
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2tbsp dill, fresh, chopped (or 1/4 tsp dill, dry)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp capers, chopped
- 4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- Rinse chickpeas and add them to food processor. Pulse in 15-second bursts, scrape the sides down and repeat until the chickpeas are roughly chopped.
- Add the chopped chickpeas to a large mixing bowl followed by all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Adjust the moisture of the Un-Tuna mixture by adding more Cashew Cream if desired. Season with freshly ground black pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- Build into a sandwich using your favorite toppings, e.g., ALT (avocado, lettuce, and tomato).