- Thinly and uniformly slice potatoes using mandolin or knife. Place in bowl of water for 30 minutes to prevent browning and remove excess starch.
- Remove potato slices and place on paper towel. Pat dry then sprinkle on desired seasonings.
- If using an oven, preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place potatoes in a single layer and bake 5-10 minutes. Watch carefully and remove when crispy and lightly brown.
- If using a microwave, place slices in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 2 minutes. Watch carefully and remove when lightly browned or add more time as needed.
- If using an air fryer, layer potatoes inside in 4 layers or less. Fry at 170°F for 20 minutes tossing the basket every 5 minutes. When potatoes are dry, increase temperature to 400°F and cook an additional 5 minutes or until crunchy.
Notes: Other vegetables can be used as well, including sweet potatoes, beets, carrot, zucchini, rutabaga, and turnip. The texture and crispiness of the chips will vary depending on cook time, thickness of potato slices, and the cooking method used (with the oven method producing a softer chip and the air fryer/microwave methods producing a crispier chip).