Protein is one of the biggest topics in plant-based nutrition.
It’s the burning question on everyone’s mind: How much protein do you need? Is plant-based protein nutritionally the same as animal-based? Can you get all the essential amino acids you need from plants?
This year in our mentorship program, Life Lab 360TM, we set out to answer these and other questions about plant-based protein.
We invited registered dietitians Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina to our community for exclusive interviews. Davis and Melina recently coauthored the book Plant-Powered Protein: Nutrition Essentials and Dietary Guidelines for All Ages, so they were the perfect experts to guide our discussion.
While Life Lab 360TM is a paid program, we believe this information is too valuable to keep to ourselves! We know you have questions about plant-powered protein as well and would love to hear the answers from the two dietitians.
We’ve created a special compilation video featuring excerpts and highlights from our interviews with Davis and Melina. This video is packed with enlightening information that we’re thrilled to share with you.
Check out the video to learn:
- The Evidence on Nutritional Adequacy of Plant-Based Diets [9:36]
- The Recommended Dietary Allowance for Protein for Adults (and Seniors) [14:22]
- How to Calculate and Track Your Daily Protein Intake [25:40]
- How to Know If You’re Not Getting Enough Protein [28:41]
- How to Add More Protein to Your Diet With or Without Beans [31:06]
- How to Increase Protein Intake and Not Gain Weight [45:05]
- Who May Benefit from Plant-Based Protein Powders [47:40]
Interested in Life Lab 360TM? Join the waitlist to be the first to know when we open the doors!