Fusilli alla Puttanesca
A taste of Italy prepared with veggies, herbs, and pantry staples.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 8 ounces fusilli, gluten-free
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1 3/4 cup tomatoes, diced, salt-free
- 1 3/4 cup artichoke hearts, rinsed, chopped
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp basil, dry
- 1/2 tsp thyme, dry
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add pasta. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and let pasta cook in water for another 12-15 minutes. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Heat pan on medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic, stirring until golden brown. Add half of the broth to pan to loosen onion and garlic and then add remaining ingredients.
- Bring ingredients to a boil then reduce heat to medium. Cover the pan and let simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add pasta and stir. Serve with basil, thyme, and black pepper.