Hot and Spicy Tofu
A spicy entrée or side dish that also works great as a topping for Asian-style salads and rice bowls.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 cups tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 3 tbsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp tamari
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Squeeze tofu with towel to press out excess liquid then dice into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Dredge tofu cubes in cornstarch and sprinkle with black pepper. Place on baking sheet and cook 25-30 minutes or until firm and crisp.
- In a nonstick pan, cook garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onions, water, tamari, and red pepper flakes and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add tofu. Stir and cook 2 minutes.
- Add maple syrup. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve.