Avocado Mango Quinoa Salad
A perfect light and fresh bite that can be layered in a jar and taken on the go, or prepared at home by mixing everything together in a large bowl.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 16-20 minutes
- Total Time: 36-40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp garlic, fresh, grated
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups greens, rinsed
- 1 cup avocado, peeled, diced
- 1 cup mango, peeled, diced
- 1 1/2 cup black beans, cooked, rinsed
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- Cilantro, fresh, chopped (optional)
- Mint, fresh, chopped (optional)
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until all water is absorbed, about 16 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk lime juice, garlic and cumin together in a bowl and set aside.
- Add cooked quinoa to the bowl of lime dressing and stir.
- If taking the salad on the go, allow quinoa to cool completely (or refrigerate overnight), then layer in a jar: greens, quinoa, avocado, mango, beans and red onions.
- If preparing the meal at home, allow the quinoa to cool for 10 minutes, then toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Garnish with cilantro and/or mint as desired.