Cocoa Cookie Dough Balls
A chocolatey dessert made with just 7 ingredients and 10 minutes prep time—great for kids and adults alike!*
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 14-16 1x
- 1/2 cup almonds, raw
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raisins (or dates)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips, non-dairy (optional)
- Cocoa powder, unsweetened, for rolling/dusting (optional)
- In a food processor, process almonds until fine and crumbly.
- Add remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) and process.
- It will appear as if nothing is happening at first, that the mixture is just whirring around in crumbs, but soon it will become sticky.
- When it becomes a little sticky, add chocolate chips (optional) and continue to process until mixture forms a ball on the blade.
- Stop machine and remove dough.
- Take small scoops (1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons in size) and roll into balls.
- Toss or roll the balls in extra unsweetened cocoa powder (if using) and refrigerate.
*This recipe is found in Dreena Burton’s cookbook, Let Them Eat Vegan.