A classic Spanish cold soup that relies on the flavors of familiar and beloved fruits and vegetables.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 cups 1x
- 4 cups tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup tomato juice, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp basil, fresh, finely chopped
- Basil leaves, whole, to garnish
- Add tomatoes and tomato juice into a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer the tomato base to a large bowl or glass container.
- Add the cucumber, red bell pepper, onion, and chopped basil to the tomato base and stir.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with whole basil leaves before serving.