Plant Power Granola Bars
A plant-based snack that is perfect for when you need an energy boost or want to fuel your workout!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Total Time: 48 minute
- Yield: 10 1x
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dates, pitted, chopped
- 1 cup almonds, roasted, salt-free, chopped
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips, dairy-free (optional)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (pepitas), raw, shelled (optional)
- 2 tbsp raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup almond butter, oil-free, sugar-free, salt-free
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place oats on a baking sheet and toast for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place dates in the food processor and pulse until broken down into a dough-like consistency.
- Remove oats from oven and place them in a large bowl with almonds, dates, and any optional ingredients.
- Melt almond butter and maple syrup in a saucepan over low heat, then stir into oat mixture bowl.
- Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Add granola bar mixture into pan, pressing down to pack and flatten.
- Cover and place in the freezer or refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to harden. Remove and slice into bars. Bars can be stored in an air-tight container for a few days.