Quinoa Power Salad
A well-rounded salad that offers a mix of vitamins and nutrients (from vegetables like red bell pepper, carrot, lettuce and avocado), and protein (from cannellini beans).
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 6 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 can cannellini beans, cooked, rinsed
- 2 tbsp mint, fresh, minced
- 5 leaves romaine lettuce, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered, toasted (optional)
- 1 cup avocado, diced (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, carrots, bell pepper, cannellini beans, and mint. Stir until evenly mixed.
- To serve, place a small amount of romaine lettuce on a plate. Add quinoa mixture on top of lettuce. Top with hemp seeds, almonds, avocado and dressing to taste.
Notes: You can also mix the lettuce with the salad.