Roasted Garlic and Squash Soup
A chunky and satisfying homemade plant-based soup that is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser in your home.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60-70 minutes
- Total Time: 75-85 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 1/4 cups butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, fresh, unpeeled, whole
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 2 tbsp rice, brown, uncooked
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place squash chunks and garlic cloves in roasting pan with 2 tablespoons of water and cook for 30–40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion and celery in a large saucepan over medium heat. When tender, add vegetable broth and brown rice. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 15–20 minutes until rice is tender.
- Remove squash and garlic from oven. When cooled, pop garlic cloves out of the peels. Add garlic and squash to saucepan. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Purée soup using immersion or regular blender. Garnish with parsley. Serve warm.