Sweet and Savory Corn Soufflé
A side dish that everyone will be talking about at your next special dinner gathering.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 6 tbsp aquafaba
- 1 1/2 cups Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 3 tbsp applesauce, unsweetened
- 3 tbsp flour, whole wheat or gluten-free
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup VeganEgg
- 1/2 cup Vegan Parmesan
- 3/4 cup cashews, raw
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare Vegan Parmesan by adding all ingredients to food processor and pulsing until fine. Set aside.
- Add 6 tablespoons aquafaba into a standing mixing bowl and beat on high using the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form, about 15 minutes.
- While beating the aquafaba, add nutmilk, applesauce, and flour into a separate mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Fold corn, Vegan Parmesan, and VeganEgg into the mixture.
- Add the aquafaba stiff peaks and continue folding with a rubber spatula.
- Pour into a 2 1/2 quart round soufflé baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes, or until it is browned on top and cooked in the center.
- Serve immediately.
Notes: This recipe has not been tested with other egg replacements, but if you would like to try, the recipe calls for the equivalent of 2-3 eggs. You will need 1/2 cup Vegan Parmesan for this recipe, and the remainder can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for several weeks.