Apple Cinnamon Mug Cake
A simple and satisfying dessert made in the microwave in a matter of minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1-2 minutes
- Total Time: 6-7 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 apple, chopped, divided in half
- 1 tbsp applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp flour, whole wheat or gluten-free
- 1 tbsp sucanat
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground (optional)
- To a blender, add half of the chopped apple, applesauce, nut milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add flour, sucanat, cinnamon, baking powder and nutmeg (if using) to small bowl. Stir in blended ingredients and other half of chopped apple and mix until combined.
- Pour into mug and microwave for 1 minute. Add time in 15-second increments if needed, checking for doneness each time. Serve hot.