Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Soup
A twist on a popular dip that will warm you up during those chilly fall and winter nights.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, frozen, thawed
- 1 cup spinach, fresh
- 1/2 cup leeks, sliced
- 3 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 2 tbsp flour, whole wheat or gluten-free
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 2 1/2 cups Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp dill, fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- In a food processor, pulse artichokes and spinach until finely chopped. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, sauté leeks until soft, about 5 minutes, adding a drop or two of water as needed if sticking occurs.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add flour and 1/2 cup vegetable broth. Stir quickly until mixture becomes a paste.
- Add remaining vegetable broth and nut milk and bring to a simmer, stirring regularly.
- Add all other ingredients and cook until heated through, stirring constantly, about 1-2 minutes.