An egg-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free version that turns the classic recipe upside down.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 pineapple, fresh, cut into rings or chunks
- 1 cup Homemade Nut Milk or store-bought plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat pastry or gluten-free
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup maple syrup and lemon over the bottom of a nonstick 9-inch cake pan. Cover the bottom with pineapple rings/chunks.
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a second bowl, whisk nut milk, 1/2 cup maple syrup and vanilla, then add dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Pour batter over pineapple then bake 40 minute or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then flip upside down on a plate. Serve immediately or cool completely then serve.