Grilled Veggie Skewers
A colorful mix of your favorite veggies marinated in a sweet and tangy sauce then grilled to perfection
- Prep Time: 150 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Total Time: 160-165 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, whole
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
- 3 tbsp apple juice, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp basil, fresh, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp, tamari, low-sodium
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Whisk marinade ingredients then place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add prepared vegetables to bag and refrigerate for two hours.
- Drain marinade into a bowl and reserve for grilling.
- Thread vegetables onto wooden or metal skewers.
- Grill kabobs on non-stick foil on preheated grill about 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade.
Notes: Other ingredients that work in this recipe include tofu cubes, yellow squash, sweet onions, eggplant, baby potatoes, and sliced corn cobs.